Identifying Parts of Speech
- Nouns in the Plural or the 3d Forms Singular of the Present Simple. Listen and circle the word you hear.
- Advertisers – advertises
- Advisers – advises.
- Announcers – announces.
- Freezers –freezes.
- Losers – loses.
- Mixers – mixes.
- Observers – observes.
- Preachers – preaches.
- Raisers – raises.
- Stretchers – stretches.
- Teachers – teaches.
- Users – uses.
- Adjectives or nouns? Listen and circle the word you hear.
- Adventurous – adventures.
- Dangerous dangers.
- humorous – humours.
- Mountainous – mountains.
- Mysterious – mysteries.
- Precious – pressures.
- Precocious – precautions
- Pretentious – pretentions.
- Religious – religions
- Ruinous – ruins.
- Suspicious – suspicions.
- Treacherous – treacheries.
- Nouns / adjectives or verbs?
- It wasn’t a (safe/save) journey.
I didn’t (safe/save) for the journey.
- People often (lose/loose) their way in the forest.
I don’t like (lose/loose) clothes.
- I strongly (advise/advice) you to stay here for the night.
I want to ask your (advise / advice) about where to stay for the night.
- He decided to turn over a new (leaf / leave) in his life.
He suddenly decided to take a (leaf/leave)
- Is there any (proof/prove) that you were there?
I can (proof / prove) that I was there.
- It’s (half / have) past eleven.
I (half / have) more than eleven.
- Piano-playing needs a lot of (practice / practice).
I (practice / practice) playing the piano every day.